Thursday 9 February 2012

Cocoa Hazelnut Granola


Granola is probably my favourite kind of cereal. This is a bit of a mash-up of cocoa pops and granola, due to the cocoa powder, and I'm not quite sure what I think of it. If you enjoy both cereals, then this is probably for you, but I think my preference lies with cereals that don't leave the milk chocolatey, despite this being a heavily marketed attraction.



I like this cereal, the fruit and nuts work really well but I would like to try it without the cocoa.




I found this recipe on Always With Butter's blog, though it was adapted from Food In Jars.


Cocoa Hazelnut Granola


Ingredients:
140g hazelnuts
55g cranberries
300g rolled oats
2tbsp cocoa
¼tsp salt
4tbsp sunflower oil (or other unflavoured oil)
8tbsp golden syrup


Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Roast the hazelnuts in a small roasting tin for about 10-12 minutes, tossing half way through to ensure even roasting. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little. Lower the temperature of the oven to 175C/335F/gas mark 3.

2. Pour the oats into a large bowl with the cocoa, salt and cranberries. Add the oil and stir through, then add the golden syrup and mix well. Pour into a large roasting tin and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

3. Once the granola is done, take it out of the oven and push it towards the centre of the tin. Leave to cool and break into small(ish) clumps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...