Wednesday 4 December 2013

Apple & Almond Cake

















Recipe from Donal Skehan

Apple & Almond Cake

Ingredients:
110g (½ cup) unsalted butter
150g (¾ cup) light brown soft sugar
2 eggs
210g (1 1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
1tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1tsp ground cinnamon
2tsp ground cardamom
300g peeled, cored and sliced cooking apple
50g flaked almonds
3tbsp apricot jam

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180◦C/350F/mark 4 and grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) cake pan with foil.

2. Cream together the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Fold in the apple and pour into the prepared cake tin. Sprinkle the almonds over the top of the batter and bake for 40-45 minutes

3. Remove from the oven and while the cake is cooling, heat the jam until runny. Brush the jam over the top of the cake.


1 comment:

  1. This last is one great dish. see it add me die la diamond whip I promise you that I've never reviewed a restaurant on Yelp, fought with someone on YouTube, re-Tweeted a pic of a hot chic with her mammary glands busting out the seams, shared a link or anything of the sort, I'm simply too lazy or I don't care enough. BUT, after finding myself on your page whenever I have free time and eagerly awaiting a new blog posting I feel compelled to breakout of my digital laziness just to say thank you. I appreciate the wealth of information that you're sharing, in fact the Sniper community appreciates it. Whether it's a blog entry or a comment you post on McCarterBrown, you always bring a sense of knowledge and know-how to the table. As a new Sniper I can always count on having my various questions answered simply by digging through the archives of your blog and for that I thank you. Should we ever meet on the field you can count on me for a free beer and a chicken sandwich with waffle fries... Thanks bro! Friv kogama

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...