Recipe adapted from Bakers Royale
Kit Kat Cheesecake Bars
For the base:
280g (2 cups) digestive crumbs
100g (½ cup) granulated sugar
113g (8tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
340g cream cheese
60g (¾ cup) cocoa
66g caster sugar
8 kit kats
For the chocolate layer:
283g chocolate (dark or half dark/half milk)
113g (8tbsp) unsalted butter
For the white chocolate lacing:
57g white chocolate
60ml (¼ cup) double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/mark 4. Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil, leaving a slight overhang.
2. For the base, place the biscuit crumbs and sugar in a bowl with the butter and mix to combine. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
3. For the filling, beat together the cream cheese, cocoa, sugar and egg until smooth and well combined. Place the kit kat bars on top of the crust and pour the cheesecake batter over the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the sides are set and the centre is almost set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before refrigerating for at least 8 hours.
4. For the chocolate layer, combine the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until the completely melted and combined. Pour over the cheesecake. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until set.
5. For the white chocolate lacing, bring the cream to a boil and pour over the white chocolate. After 3 minutes, stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe thin lines across the top of the set chocolate layer. Drag a toothpick perpendicularly through the lines, starting from the top of the pan. Repeat but starting from the bottom of the pan. Continue dragging the toothpick through the lines, alternating between starting from the top and starting from the bottom. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until set.