Recipe from Bakers Royale
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
For the rice krispie layer:
57g (4tbsp) unsalted butter
213g (5 cups) marshmallows
4tbsp hot chocolate powder
142g (5 cups) cocoa rice krispies
¼ cup crushed peppermint candy canes
For the chocolate glaze:
113g (2/3 cup) dark chocolate
1tsbp double cream
4tbsp icing sugar, sifted
4-5 tbsp water
For the white chocolate glaze:
85g (½ cup) white chocolate
10g (2tsp) butter
4tbsp crushed candy canes
1. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil.
2. Place the marshmallows, butter and hot chocolate powder into a large pan and heat gently until melted. Stir to combine, then mix in the rice krispies and crushed candy canes. Press the mixture into the prepared pan and leave to cool for 30-40 minutes.
3. For the chocolate glaze, place the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmerign water. Heat, stirring to combine, until smooth and completely melted. Add the sugar and mix to combine, then stir in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dipping consistency is reached.
4. For the white chocolate glaze, combine the white chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl. Heat over a pan of simmering water or microwave briefly until melted.
5. To assemble, pour the chocolate glaze over the rice krispie layer, refrigerate for about an hour and then drizzle with the white chocolate glaze and sprinkle with the additional crushed candy canes. Refrigerate for another hour before slicing.
To make pops, shape the rice krispie treat into balls. Insert a cocktail stick into each piece and then dip them individually into the chocolate glaze. Leave to set before drizzling with the white chocolate glaze and sprinkling with the additional crushed candy canes.