Recipe from More Sweets Please
For the blondies:
1tbsp instant coffee
1tsp vanilla extract
113g (½ cup) butter
320g (1 ½ cups) light brown soft sugar
273g (1 ¾ cups) plain flour, sifted
170g (1 cup) white chocolate chips
113g (1 cup) unsalted cashews, roasted and coarsely chopped
For the frosting (optional):
170g (1 cup) white chocolate
227g (2 cups) icing sugar
60ml (¼ cup) milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
85g (6tbsp) unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/mark 4. Grease and line an 8x8 inch pan.
2. Stir together the instant coffee, water and vanilla in a medium bowl until dissolved.
3. Add the butter, brown sugar and salt to the bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the flour, then fold in the white chocolate chips and cashews.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes away clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. For the frosting, melt the white chocolate and leave it to cool to room temperature.
6. In a separate bowl, stir together the icing sugar, milk and vanilla. Mix in the butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the cooled melted chocolate and use to frost the blondies. Chill before slicing.